Monday, December 12, 2011

Round table with Vassilis Alexakis

Today is Vassilis Alexakis birthday, so all my best wishes to him. Next chance to meet him will be tomorrow in Paris, where he will be one of the participants of a round table on translation and multilingualism.

Round Table: Traduction et multilinguisme
Date: December, 13, 2011 at 10 am
Place: Collège de France, Paris.

The round table is part of a conference on "Diplomatie culturelle" which will take place today and tomorrow. For more information and to follow a live stream of the entire conference, please click here.

1 comment:

Shir said...

Hello,

I am a student from Belgium.
I am writing my bachelor paper on the Self-Translation of a Japanese author.
While doing some research I came upon your blog, which provides a lot of interesting links and info.

I find Self-translation a quite difficult subject to find information on, or even good definitions.

I was wondering if you would be willing to share your paper "Toujours Infidèle Writing From the Midzone: Die Literarische Selbstübersetzung Im 20. Jahrhundert".

Thank you,

Werner

werner.v.horenbeeck@gmail.com

Panel discussion: Translating a self-translation: Epic Annette 8th February

Epic Annette: Podium Discussion with Anne Weber (German-French self-translator) and Tess Lewis (translator of the novel into English),  orga...